NPFL Recap Bendel Insurance, Lobi Stars are mid-season champions. Going into the midseason break, Bendel Insurance and Lobi Stars respectively lead Groups A and B of the Nigeria Premier Football League.
The biggest surprise of the year so far has been Insurance, who were promoted from the Nigeria National League to the NPFL last season.
With seven victories and two draws from nine games, the Benin Arsenals are the only NPFL team without a loss this year.
On Monday, Odigie’s team also held a seven-point advantage over the competition in Group A.
Insurance’s 1-0 victory over Enyimba, the eight-time winners, last weekend served as more evidence of their title credentials.
With 19 points after nine games, the defending group B champion Lobi Stars are in first place.
The Makurdi club has six victories, one tie, and two defeats.
Lobi Stars defeated Doma United 2-0 on Sunday to round off a strong first half of the season.
RELATED TOPICS:BENDEL INSURANCELOBI STARSNPFL
Chelsea: He has hardest job in EPL – Rio Ferdinand states position on Potter amid sack calls
YOU MAY LIKE
- NPFL: Nasarawa United outshine Remo Stars, Gombe United beat Plateau in five- goal thriller
- NPFL: Shooting Stars to sign new players ahead league resumption
- NPFL: Onigbinde blasts Doma United players for poor display against Lobi Stars
- NPFL: Obaje wants to score more goals for Rangers after ending drought
- NPFL: My team will get better with time – Tornadoes boss, Mohammed
- NPFL: Odigie plays down title talks despite Insurance unbeaten run