The total number of civilians killed by the terrorists is now 13, according to information we are receiving from five additional victims who have been verified deceased, Mohamed Abdikadir told AFP.
More than ten deaths have been confirmed by police official Ibrahim Duale, who said that more recent statistics would be made public after the Hayat Hotel is no longer under siege.
At Least 13 Killed In Somalia Hotel Attack. He said that the majority of the civilians trapped inside the hotel when Al-Shabaab insurgents attacked it with guns and bombs on Friday night had been rescued.
Due to the difficulty of the rescue operation, the siege took a long time, as Duale told AFP. “The security forces will notify any minute that the siege is finished.”
Dr. Mohamed Abdirahman Jama, the director of Mogadishu’s primary trauma hospital, reported that at least 40 victims of the hotel attack and a separate mortar attack in another part of the capital were being treated there.