Peter Gregory Obi is a Nigerian-born Businessman and a Politician. He graduated from the University of Nigeria in 1984. Later on, he joined business and banking, In time, rising to hold several high-ranking executive positions at banks. By the early 2000s, Obi was the chairman of Fidelity Bank before leaving the position to enter politics. Obi ran for governor in 2003, as a member of the All Progressives Grand Alliance but his main opponent has unlawfully declared the victor. After three years of legal battles, Obi was declared winner in 2006 and assumed office that March. He was then impeached that November before the impeachment was overturned and he returned to office in February 2007. Again, Obi was removed when a new election was held in April 2007 but the judiciary intervened again and ruled that he should be allowed to complete a full four-year term. In 2010, he won re-election to a second term. Obi’s terms were marked by state finances, education, and healthcare improvements.
After leaving office in 2014, Obi gained new status as an advocate for good governance and national political figure after decamping to the Peoples Democratic Party 2014. In 2019, he was selected as the vice-presidential nominee in the presidential election running alongside Atiku Abubakar but lost to incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari and vice president Yemi Osinbajo. By 2022, Obi ran for president himself, first in the PDP until defecting to the LP in May 2022.
|Full Name:||Peter Gregory Obi|
|Born:||19 July 1961|
|Place of Birth:||Onitsha|
|Height:||6 feet 1inch|
|Siblings:||Bibiana Adani, Fabian Obi, Ndibe Obi, Martina Obi|
|Income Source||Businessman, Banker, Politician|
|Wife:||Margaret Browson Usenclosed|
|Children:||Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi and Gregory Peter Oseloka Obi|
|Occupation:||Businesswoman (Majorly into Sporting Affairs at Chelsea ended)|
|Net Worth:||$1 Million – $3,5 Million|
Early Life & Education
He attended Christ the King College, Onitsha, where he completed his secondary school education. He was admitted to the University of Nigeria, in 1980, and graduated with a B.A. (Pass) in philosophy in 1984.
Peter Obi married Margaret Brownson Obi (Née Usen) in 1992. They both have two children – a boy and a girl, Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi and Gregory Peter Oseloka Obi. Obi is a born Catholic of Igbo descent.
Businessman, Banker and a Professional Politician.
AWARDS AND HONOR
•Sun Newspaper’s Man of the Year (2007)
• This Day Newspaper’s Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria (2009)
• This Day’s Governor of the Decade (2020)
• Champion Newspaper’s Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor (2009)
• West Africa ICT Development Award for Governor of the Year (2010)
• Zik Leadership Prize (2011)
• Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Best Performing Governor on Immunization in South-East Nigeria (2012)
• Ezeife Leadership Foundation’s Leadership and Good Governance Award (2012)
• Methodist Church of Nigeria’s Golden Award on Prudence (2012); Business Hallmark Newspaper’s Man of the Year (2012)
• Silverbird’s Man of the Year (2013)
• The Voice Newspaper’s Award for Outstanding Example in Leadership and Governance (2014)
• Champion Newspaper’s Most Outstanding Igbo Man of the Decade (2014)
• Nigerian Library Association’s Golden Merit Award (2014)
• Pontifical Equestrian Order of Saint Sylvester Pope and Martyr (2014)
• Catholic Diocese of Onitsha’s Golden Jubilee Award (2015)
$1 Million – $3,5 Million
Mr Peter Obi @Facebook and peterobiofficial @instagram.